Chemical analysis involves determining the elemental constituents of a material. This information can then be used to determine if the material matches a required specification. The analysis of a wide range of products covering many material types is undertaken although these are mainly metal or metal related products.
- Glow Discharge Spectroscopy.
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy.
- Elemental analysis for carbon, sulphur, nitrogen and oxygen.
- Classical Gravimetric and Volumetric “Wet” methods.
- Qualitative Depth Profile Analysis to identify material coatings, metallurgical treatments etc.
- Component Cleanliness checks – debris weight and particulate size.
Typical Materials that can be tested:-
- Iron, Steel and Stainless Steel.
- Aluminium Alloys.
- Copper Alloys.
- Nickel Alloys.
- Zinc Alloys
Chemical analysis is also undertaken on some non-metallic materials including foundry sand.
Like this page? Then Share it:
Follow us on Social Media: