Metallurgical Failure Analysis, Investigation and Consultancy
Reverse Engineering and Problem & Failure Investigation
Experienced Metallurgists are available for specialised consultancy work. Typical areas include, but are not restricted to:-
- Problem and Failure investigations into metals and allied materials
- Reverse engineering examinations
- Root cause failure analysis
- Full support of large UKAS ISO 17025 accredited chemical laboratory if required
- Foundry consultancy
- Insurance claim examinations
- Forensic type investigations
- Preliminary or more detailed site inspection visits as necessary.
Investigations into wear, corrosion, machinability, coating, fabrication and heat treatment problems are also undertaken.
Advice on materials, heat treatments, surface treatments, methods of test or inspection and laboratory set-ups can be given.
Expert Witness work including personal injury, accident work and single joint expert can be provided.
- Advice on material selection
- Metallurgical support to understand product failure
- Engineering knowledge
- Metallurgists available with a vast range of experience
- Process suggestions (such as heat treatment variations) to enhance product life
- Save time, money and your reputation
- Resolve simple to complex issues
- Provide meaningful recommendations where requested
- May improve future performance of product.
- This can include the interpretation of non-UK drawings/specifications, where necessary.
- Keighley Laboratories’ metallurgists, chemists, engineers and technicians, have considerable experience covering a very wide range of materials, treatments and product types within many different industries.
- Full support of large UKAS ISO 17025 accredited chemical laboratory and test house if required.
- Supports most industries including Automotive, Aerospace, Chemical Processing, Oil and Gas, Nuclear, Transmission Engines etc.
- Both the company and individual metallurgists have specific experience in preparing reports suitable for Litigation/Arbitration.